Unique to Growing Room is how our campus and interiors play a role in attracting and keeping families.
See our virtual tour video to better understand how the school sells itself.
Proposed sites must be approximately 2 acres and able to accommodate a 12,500 square foot building, an exterior playground large enough to meet state licensing guidelines (typically 10,000 – 15,000 square foot) and parking spaces as required by state and local law requirements. We suggest 40+ for a facility licensed for 243 children.
Other factors used to determine whether a prospective site is suitable for a Growing Room school:
- Traffic patterns and commuter routes
- Employers in the general vicinity
- Zoning restrictions
- Visibility and accessibility
- Residential population
- Average household income
- Number of two-income families
- Concentration of children
- Surrounding infrastructure
- Proximity to elementary school(s)
- Competition in the general vicinity
- One side or back of lot suitable for constructing a playground that is protected from traffic
In addition to the above parameters, your Growing Room school may be one of the following types of structures:
- New, free-standing building built to suit according to Growing Room Standards
- Existing, free-standing building renovated to meet Growing Room Standards
- A unit within an office park built or renovated to meet Growing Room Standards
Recommended size is 10,000 to 15,000 square feet. The actual required minimum size will be determined by your state’s licensing guidelines.
All equipment selected for the playground must be commercial grade and age appropriate. Growing Room takes great care in selection of playground equipment and surfacing to reduce injuries. That is the reason we prohibit certain common playground equipment including:
- Monkey bars
- Exercise rings (as used in gymnastics) and Trapeze bars
- Large Rock climbing walls – Small slanted climbing walls are acceptable
- Cargo Net/Rope Climbers
- Sliding poles
- Balance Beams
- Merry Go Rounds
- Glider swings that hold more than one child at a time
- Swinging ropes
- Animal Swings
To learn more about Growing Room real estate and site specifications, please contact us.